- Minification is removing unnecessary characters from code to reduce its size, thereby improving load times.
- When code is minified, all comments are removed, as well as unneeded whitespace characters (space, newline, and tab).
- JSMin is good tool for minification.
- minification is good for external as well as internal scripts.
- sure, you can also minify CSS files.
- Like minification, it removes comments and whitespace.
- It also munges the code, function and variable names are converted into smaller strings making the code more compact, as well as harder to read.
- Make the code difficult to reverse-engineer.
- Because obfuscation is complex, it makes the code hard to maintain and debug, and it may introduce bugs.
- ShrinkSafe is a good tool for obfuscation.
- Minification is preferred over obfuscation.